Senior Parking Information
Dear Maine South Senior Parents and Students (Class of 2020),
Congratulations Class of 2020!
Students interested in purchasing a parking permit for the 2019-2020 school year must meet the following criteria:
- have not received any out of school or in school suspensions during their junior year.
- have served all their assigned disciplinary consequences.
- have not been excessively unexcused absent from class.
- have not had any 24/7 violations.
- have paid any outstanding school obligations (fees, fines, books due etc.).
The priority order will be:
- Students enrolled in our Internship program whose placement requires a parking pass. 2. Senior students who can verify that they will be driving with at least one other senior classmate. In this case, only one parking permit will be issued to these senior carpoolers. We are requiring guardian signatures for all senior students who will be driving to school in the same vehicle. If you are interested in this carpooling option, please print and fill out this Carpooling Permission Form which can also be picked up at any of the SST offices and submit it at the mandatory meeting on Wednesday, August 14 at 8:00 a.m. in C101. Late forms will not be accepted. 3. Seniors living East of Aldine Avenue, North of Talcott Road, and South of Arthur Street 4. The remaining permits will be distributed to seniors who have met the above criteria. 5. Seniors with major school violations that result in out of school or in school suspensions during the school year may have their parking permit revoked at any time without a refund.
The process for entering senior parking permit sales is as follows:
- Beginning Monday, May 20th, 2019, eligible Seniors, including those enrolled in the Internship Program, must
complete the following google form using their Maine South student email account 2019-2020 SENIOR PARKING SIGNUP or https://tinyurl.com/ycmsrpyg by midnight Tuesday, August 13, 2019. 2. Dates to remember:
- August 13th: Parking google form signup will close at midnight. Late application will not be accepted.
- August 16th: A list of Seniors who are eligible to purchase a permit will be posted outside the SST offices by 3:30 pm. If you are on that list, please pick up the PARKING APPLICATION in your SST office.
Parking Permit Sales will take place from August 19 until August 23, 2019 in the SST offices. Students will turn in their applications with the proper documentation and payment in their SST offices during that week. Lottery winners who do not claim their parking permits by the end of the school day on August 23, 2019 will forfeit parking privileges for the entire school year. IMPORTANT: A completed & signed application, proof of the driver’s license, proof of the current vehicle registration card & method of payment, $115.00 (cash, credit card, or check made payable to Maine South High School including Student ID number) IS REQUIRED.
If you have any questions, please contact your student’s dean or the main office.
Linda Borchew Marta Hall Mike McGreevy
(Team Black A-G) (Team Red H-O) (Team White P-Z)
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected]