Team Black A-G
Dean Linda Borchew
Deb Bertini/Darlene Mortimer
Team Red H-O
Dean Marta Hall
Tara Militello/Amanda Harrison
Team White P-Z
Dean Mike McGreevy
Hiona Agalliu/Amanda Harrison
Sign in/out Procedure
Regular school attendance is essential to learning. Attendance is critical in successful school performance and in ensuring students reach their greatest potential. Research has, for years suggested that student academic performance corresponds significantly to attendance: the more a student is in school and the more a student is exposed to quality teachers, the better the chances are for the student to be successful.
We encourage appointments to be made after school hours. In the event that this is not possible, we ask both parents and student follow the outlined steps to ensure that student’s attendance is accurately recorded and to avoid school consequences:
- Parent calls must be received at least 2 hours before the requested dismissal time.
- Students leaving early must obtain a pass in their SST office ahead of time to show the teacher in order to leave class early.
- When arriving late or leaving early, students are required to sign-in and/or out with their appropriate Student Service Team (SST office).
Maine South Hawks,
Welcome back! School is underway and the fall athletic season is upon us. It’s an exciting time to come and cheer on our athletes during their competitions. Our athletes and coaches work hard to compete so it is important that we, as spectators and fans, cheer on our athletes appropriately.
Here are a few reminders for our Football games:
- Backpacks and outside drinks are not allowed into the stadium.
- There are no in and out privileges during the game. Once you leave you will not be allowed back into the stadium.
- Cheers/cheering should be appropriate.
- Please do not throw any objects while you are at the game
- For safety purposes body surfing is not allowed.
- Please do not run onto the field.
Misconduct will lead to removal from the game with the possible loss of future contests and
additional consequences through the Deans’ Office may be assigned.
Late Arrival/ Early Dismissal–This school year, Maine South is offering the option of allowing parents to excuse their 10th, 11th, and 12th grade student from attending a study period, but only at the start or conclusion of their school day. This allows eligible students with a study first period and/or last period of the day to arrive late to school and/or leave early. Once approved, students do not need to scan in/out at their SST office daily. Students only need to have the release pass available to display when asked.
If you choose this option, please complete the following information and have your child return this form to their SST office where he/she will receive the pass. Permission Letter-Late Arrival Early Dismissal
Detentions may be served during the following times for unexcused tardies:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:40am-8:00am or 3:25pm-3:45pm
- Thursday: 8:20am-8:40am or 3:25pm-3:45pm
Detentions may be served during the following times for disciplinary infractions:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:30am-8:00am or 7:00am-8:00am
- Thursday: 7:00am-8:40am or 7:40am-8:40am or 8:10am-8:40am or 3:25pm-3:55pm
- Saturday: 7:30am-9:30am or 9:30am-11:30am or 7:30am-11:30am
Lost and Found is located at the Security Desk by Door #3.