Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year
Important dates: August 12 – 20, 2021
|Parking Lottery Applications due (SENIORS ONLY)||Thursday, August 12|
|First Day of School – JUNIORS & SENIORS ONLY||Monday, August 16|
|First Day of School – SOPHOMORES ONLY||Tuesday, August 17|
|First Day of School – FRESHMEN ONLY||Wednesday, August 18|
|First Day of Regular School Schedule – ALL STUDENTS||Thursday, August 19|
|First Day of Regular School Schedule – ALL STUDENTS||Friday, August 20|
Student Physical Exam Forms & Immunization Records
In order to comply with Illinois School Code, Section 27-8, it is mandatory that all freshman students, students new to high school and transfer students, who were not previously examined for ninth grade, have a PHYSICAL EXAMINATION along with verification of the minimum immunizations on file before starting school. Please read Class of 2025 Physical and Immunizations Requirement Letter.
Physical exams must be completed on the Certificate of Child Health Examination Form.
By May 15th of their freshman year, students in grade 9 are required to have a dental exam on file. School Dental examinations must have been completed within the 18 months prior to the May 15th deadline. Dental exams must be completed on the Proof of School Dental Examination Form.
COVID-19 Vaccination Status Request
Information regarding the District’s COVID-19 vaccination status request was sent via email in early July. This link will take you to the details if you have not already completed the form. While vaccination is NOT currently a requirement to attend school, we believe the vaccination of students is the most effective way to keep everyone at school safe.
We are asking parents to share with us the vaccination status of their child here. This is voluntary information at this time.
Meningitis Vaccine Meningitis Vaccine Requirement for the Class of 2022 (Seniors)
All seniors must provide documentation of having received the meningitis vaccine prior to the first day of school, August 16, 2021.
Please contact your health care provider to make arrangements to be vaccinated. Please provide documentation to the Health Office. Students will be excluded from school if these requirements are not met. Please contact your physician to obtain the appropriate documentation.
PACE Bus shared with District 207 recently that school routes for the 2021-22 academic year will run on school days. For more detailed information you may refer to the District 207 Transportation Page.
Maine Township HSD 207 is not liable for accidents which occur at school. It is important to understand the school/district is not responsible for medical payments for your child. If your child is injured during ANY SCHOOL OR ATHLETIC ACTIVITIES, all medical charges are YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. For the 2021-22 school year, the school district has a student/athletic accident insurance plan available for parents/guardians to purchase. Information can be found here.
All Maine 207 students are required to have a Chromebook that has been registered with District 207. For detailed information, please see the District 207 Chromebook Information Pages.
Uniform Grievance Procedure
Students or their parent(s)/guardian(s), employees, or community members should notify the District’s designated Compliant Managers, if they believe that the Board of Education, its employees, or agents have violated their rights guaranteed by the state or federal Constitution, state or federal statute, or Board policy: Uniform Grievance Form.
Quest Food Management Services – Cafeteria
Quest Food Management Services is excited to announce that the cafeteria will be re-opening this fall and offering all your favorite meal items! We will be opening all the food station lines including offering both breakfast and lunch. The Quest Team is back and busy preparing menus that support our fresh, made from scratch, high quality dining program.
Be assured the staff will be following all the CDC guidelines required by the state of Illinois as we fully reopen. At the time of this letter the Illinois State Board of Education has not issued any guidelines related to foodservice this Fall. Continued communication will be forthcoming as it relates to any changes.
The highlights with regard to changes this year include:
MYSCHOOLBUCKS– Our Online Payment System
- Make deposits directly into student meal accounts
- Email reminders are sent when balance gets low
- Deposits can be made through ACH payment or credit card (can also setup auto replenish)
- This cashless system keeps the lunch lines moving
- Go to: MySchoolBucks.com to register or add to your account
For Easy Access to Menus download the FDMealPlanner App
- Please take time to download the app on your smartphone
- FDMealPlanner provides the menu – by month, by day and by food station
- Go to: https://www.fdmealplanner.com/ to register or for more information watch this video overview: DMealPlanner Video Overview
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Food Service Director, Nick D’Amato, [email protected]
Ventra Card Information for PACE Busses
Sophomore/JuniorSeniors: Must complete a form to renew their bus cards to be eligible for the discounted student fare. Click the link below to see the Ventra Bus Pass form:
Freshman: Can purchase the discounted student fare bus cards for $2.00 each in the bookstore.
All students MUST have the VENTRA APP installed on their phone to load the card and keep track of the balance. If they lose their bus card and do not have the VENTRA APP on their phone. They lose all of the funds on the card that they loaded. The school is unable to track funds.
Freshmen will NOT need their chromebooks or materials Wednesday. Please only arrive with water, lunch money, and needed personal items.
Student Arrival/Dismissal Procedures
- Designated doors for student arrival (prior to the start of the day) are 3, 9, 43
- Door 43 is locked at 8:40am (all late arrivals enter from door 3 or 9)
- Designated doors for early release (starting at the beginning of C lunch) 3, 9, 43
- After school, students are able to leave through any building exit.
- All students will be expected to remain on campus for lunch. (*No off-campus lunch).
- MySchoolBucks allows you to add lunch funds, receive notifications, and view balances and purchases. Sign up today at: Myschoolbucks.com
- Students can also add funds in person at the cafeteria using check or cash only.
- For the first two weeks of school, lunches will be prepared and boxed.
Late Arrivals / Early Dismissal – Freshmen/Sophomore
- Freshmen and Sophomore students are expected to be in the building by 8:30 am and remain in the building until the end of the day, even if they have an assigned study hall or study options course occurring first or last block of the day.
- All freshmen students will be assigned to a Study Hall during their open period.
Late Arrivals/Early Dismissal – Junior/Senior
- Junior and Senior students will begin the year with the opportunity to arrive late or leave early if they have an open block at the start or the end of the day (i.e. study options)
- Based upon academic & behavioral performance, any Junior or Senior can be requested to come into the building if requiring intervention
- Students arriving late are required to enter in Door 3, 9 or 43. Door 9 and Door 3 are open throughout the first block of the day. Door 43 will be opened 15 minutes prior to the start of the 2nd block.
- Junior and Senior students with early dismissal privileges must exit from either Door 3, 9 or 43. Students will be required to use their ID to scan out of the building each day.
- Parking Lottery Application for seniors closed on August 12th.
- Parking Permit Distribution for seniors will occur on August 25th & 26th in the cafeteria from 2-4pm
- Parking will be first come, first serve until permits are distributed to seniors on aforementioned dates.
- Students are allowed to park in the A-wing (near tennis courts) or in the North East lot, south of the football field and east of the gymnasium)
- If additional parking spaces are available, we will begin a parking lottery application for junior students.
- Students who would like to purchase one additional P.E. uniform and lock may do so on August 19 or August 20th in the gym.
- They must bring a check or charge card to pay for the uniform/lock.
- Shirts $7.00
- Short $4.00
- Lock $4.00
- Uniform set (short and shirt) purchased together is $10.00